Therapeutic Nutrition for People on Dialysis
NEPRO WITH CARBSTEADY® is therapeutic nutrition specifically designed to help meet the nutritional needs of patients on dialysis (Stage 5 chronic kidney disease). For tube or oral feeding. For supplemental or sole-source nutrition. Use under medical supervision.
- In a study of NEPRO as supplemental nutrition1, patients on dialysis had increased serum albumin, increased serum prealbumin and improved nutritional status (as signified by subjective global assessment).
- Has CARBSTEADY carbohydrate blend designed to help manage blood glucose response.
- Excellent source of high-quality protein (19.1 g /8 fl oz) to help meet nutritional needs and replace protein lost during dialysis.
- Vitamin and mineral profile designed for people on dialysis.
- High in calories—1.8 Cal/mL.
- Low in phosphorus, potassium, and sodium.
- A good source of fiber, including prebiotics.
- Halal (certain flavors).
- Suitable for lactose intolerance.
Contains milk and soy ingredients.
Ingredients2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup artificial sweetener, such as Splenda®
¼ cup wheat germ
¼ cup sliced almonds
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup (8 fl oz) Homemade Vanilla Nepro
1 large egg
⅓ cup vegetable oil
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp fresh orange zest
½ cup chopped dried cranberries
Directions1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, artificial sweetener and wheat germ. Remove ¼ cup of the flour mixture and place in a separate smaller bowl.
3. To the ¼ cup flour mixture, add the sliced almonds and butter. Using a fork, combine this mixture until it is crumbly. Set aside almond crunch mixture.
4. Whisk together the Nepro, egg, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and orange zest. Pour the mixture into the remaining flour mixture and fold together (just to combine). Add the dried cranberries and gently fold into batter. Do not overblend the batter.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle the almond crunch mixture (see step #3) evenly over each cup. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan immediately and transfer them to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm. Muffins can be cooled, wrapped individually in airtight bags, and frozen up to 1 month.
|Serving Size:||1 Muffin|
|Servings per Recipe:||12|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories 220 Calories from Fat 100|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||26 mg|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||120 IU|
|Vitamin C||3 mg|
Well liked by my son