Glucerna 62679 Unflavored 1.5cal High Calorie 1000ml RTH Tube Feeding Bottle
Share this Product
Specialized high-calorie nutrition with a unique carbohydrate blend for enhanced glycemic control.* GLUCERNA 1.5 CAL is a calorically dense formula that has CarbSteady®, a unique blend of carbohydrates, including slowly digestible carbohydrate clinically shown to help minimize blood glucose response.1
For patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
For patients with hyperglycemia/abnormal glucose tolerance resulting from metabolic stress, such as illness, trauma, and infection.
For tube or oral feeding.
For supplemental or sole-source nutrition.
Use under medical supervision.
* Compared to a standard formula.
- GLUCERNA 1.5 CAL contains a unique slowly digested carbohydrate blend clinically shown to blunt postprandial glycemic response and improve glycemic variability.1,2
- At 1.5 Cal/mL, patient needs can be met with less volume.
- 22% of calories from protein to promote anabolism and support wound healing.
- Includes 10 g/L of NutraFlora® scFOS® (2.4 g/8 fl oz).
- 3% of total calories from saturated fatty acids and rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids, consistent with the American Heart Association and American Diabetes Association guidelines.3,4
- Provides plant-based omega-3 fatty acids from canola oil (3 g of ALA per 1500 Cal), to support cardiovascular health.4
- Chromium picolinate, a more bioavailable form of chromium. Chromium is an essential nutrient important for carbohydrate metabolism.
- 1500 Cal provide at least 100% of the DVs for 24 key vitamins and minerals.
- Suitable for lactose intolerance.
- Once opened, cover, refrigerate and use within 48 hours
For Use with Enteral Feeding Set:
- Remove the dust cover from the Abbott RTH Safety Screw Cap.
- Remove the dust cover from the safety connector on the feeding set.
- Insert the safety connector into the port on the Abbott RTH Safety Screw Cap, completely pierce foil.
- Turn the safety connector clockwise until it is securely fastened.
- Close clamp on set before inverting container.
- Invert container and suspend, using the hanging ring on the bottom of the container.
- Unless a shorter hang time is specified by the set manufacturer, hang product for up to 48 hours after initial connection when clean
- technique and only one new set are used. Otherwise hang for no more than 24 hours