Therapeutic Nutrition for People on Dialysis
Nepro has changed packaging! It is now available in a a more portable screw top carton. Don't worry, the formula is still the same. All orders for cans will be fulfilled with cartons. Cans are only visible for product recognition and will be removed on 9/30.
To prevent you from having to search for the new item number, all orders for this product will be filled with the new container. In order to provide the freshest product, all can packaged product has been pulled from stock and returned.
NEPRO WITH CARBSTEADY® is therapeutic nutrition specifically designed to help meet the nutritional needs of patients on dialysis (Stage 5 chronic kidney disease). For tube or oral feeding. For supplemental or sole-source nutrition. Use under medical supervision.
- In a study of NEPRO as supplemental nutrition1, patients on dialysis had increased serum albumin, increased serum prealbumin and improved nutritional status (as signified by subjective global assessment).
- Has CARBSTEADY carbohydrate blend designed to help manage blood glucose response.
- Excellent source of high-quality protein (19.1 g /8 fl oz) to help meet nutritional needs and replace protein lost during dialysis.
- Vitamin and mineral profile designed for people on dialysis.
- High in calories—1.8 Cal/mL.
- Low in phosphorus, potassium, and sodium.
- A good source of fiber, including prebiotics.
- Halal (certain flavors).
- Suitable for lactose intolerance.
Contains milk and soy ingredients.
Ingredients1 cup (8 fl oz) Mixed Berry Nepro chilled
2 Tbsp sugar-free strawberry syrup
One 1-oz package instant vanilla sugar-free pudding mix
½ cup sugar-free nondairy whipped topping
1 ½ cups favorite mixed berries, rinsed
Two 2.1-oz packages mini phyllo shells (15 per box)
Fresh mint, garnish
Confectioners' sugar, optional garnish
Directions1. Combine the Nepro with Carb Steady and sugar-free strawberry syrup in a mixing bowl and whisk in the pudding mix.
2. Mix vigorously for 2 minutes until thick.
3. Fold in the whipped topping.
4. Pour into an air-tight container and chill for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours or until ready to assemble the tarts.
5. To assemble the tarts, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the shells on a baking sheet and bake for 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Transfer the shells to a wire rack and cool.
7. Fill each tart shell with the berry filling; place the fresh berries on top of each tart. Garnish with fresh mint and a light dusting of confectioners' sugar.
Nepro Carb Steady Mixed Berry 8oz. Each 62092
Did not like the taste.
Nepro Carb Steady Mixed Berry 8oz. Can 24/cs 62092
My son drinks 2 .of these every day. Advanced Healthmart has the best price.