Glucerna 1.2 packaging has changed. Manufacturer #50904 is now 64918. It is now in a screw top carton. The formula has not changed.
Specialized nutrition for enhanced glycemic control.* GLUCERNA 1.2 CAL is a calorically dense formula that has CarbSteady®, a unique blend of carbohydrates, including slowly digestible carbohydrate clinically shown to help minimize blood glucose response. For patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes. For patients with hyperglycemia resulting from metabolic stress, such as illness, trauma, or infection. For tube or oral feeding. For supplemental or sole-source nutrition. Use under medical supervision.
* Compared to a standard formula.
- GLUCERNA 1.2 CAL has been clinically shown to significantly reduce peak postprandial blood glucose response and reduce glycemic variability versus a standard 1.2-Cal formulation in people with diabetes.1,2
- At 1.2 Cal/mL, patient needs can be met with less volume.
- 20% of calories from protein to promote anabolism and support wound healing.
- Includes 10 g/L of NutraFlora® scFOS®† (2.4 g/8 fl oz and 15 g/1.5 L).
- 4% of total calories from saturated fatty acids and rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fats, consistent with the American Heart Association and American Diabetes Association guidelines.3,4
- Provides an excellent source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids (3 g of ALA per 1500 Cal) to support cardiovascular health.
- Chromium picolinate, a more bioavailable form of chromium. Chromium is an essential nutrient important for carbohydrate metabolism.
- 1500 Cal provide at least 100% of the DVs for 24 key vitamins and minerals.
- Suitable for lactose intolerance.
I like this product and have used it for a while, will reorder soon
Got it on time