DermaFilm is a hydrocolloid protective wound dressing for minor abrasions, closed surgical wounds, superficial pressure ulcers, skin grafts, and donor sites. DermaFilm maintains a moist wound environment that remains permeable to moisture vapor and oxygen. Along with its superior conformability, DermaFilm goes on easy, and comes off clean.
The DermaFilm family of hydrocolloid wound dressings include high density, thin and extra thin versions as well as specialty shapes for the sacrum and heel/elbow. DermFilm dressings maintain a moist wound environment that remain permeable to moisture vapor. Along with their superior conformability, DermaFilm dressings are easy to apply and come off cleanly.
- Mild adhesive surface area adheres to periwound skin, but won’t stick to wound bed
- Supports moist wound healing & autolytic debridement
- Provides thermal insulation and protection
- Comfortable and conformable
- Can be safely worn for several days, depending on wound condition and exudate levels
May be used as a primary or secondary dressing. For the management of low exudating wounds, including:
- non-infected wounds
- partial thickness ulcers
- full-thickness ulcers