Brake Cable Adjustments
1. Locate the brake adjuster located on the hand brake.
2. Loosen the brake cable adjustment lock nut away from the brake handle housing.
3. Turn the hand brake adjuster counterclockwise to tighten the brake or clockwise to loosen the brake.
4. Tighten the brake cable adjustment locking nut against the brake handle housing.
5. If further adjustments are need the same procedure can be made at the lower cable adjuster. Loosen the brake cable adjustment nut away from the frame.
6. Turn the hand brake adjuster counterclockwise to tighten the brake or clockwise to loosen the brake.
7. Tighten the brake cable adjustment nut against the frame.
8. If the brakes are still not gripping the wheel sufficiently, further adjustments can be made using the cable fastener. Undo all the adjustment made is previous steps and make sure the brake cable adjustment locking nuts are tight against the frame and brake handle housing. Next loosen the cable fastener with a screw driver and using pliers pull the cable tight removing all of the slack in the cable. With the pliers still holding the cable, tighten the cable fastener to set the tightness of the cable. Follow the above sets to make any needed minor adjustments.